We just completed this garage loft, and this customer had the coolest garage ever....had heat & air, with massive amounts of space. Made me very envious :) Anyway, the customer wanted us to install a loft area so he could have a chillax area....he's planning to put in a fridge, desk, sofa, etc. Definitely was a fun project, and the details are below:
- 39'-0" x 16'-0" Loft platform
- Deck level: 100" highest elevation
- Total square footage of platform = 630 sqft
- Yellow Pine lumber and LVL
- Framing only
- All New Frame
- Triple 1-3/4" x 18" LVL beam
- Beam supported at both ends by triple 2x6 stud on top of concrete foundation wall
- Beam supported at 19'-6" by homeowner supplied steel column anchored to concrete floor
- 2x12 joists @ 16" o.c.
- joist hung at both ends
- Existing ledger board already installed by homeowner
- Subfloor will be 3/4", 4' x 8', T&G OSB
- (3) Double 1-3/4" x 11-7/8" joists to support opening for steps
Keep checking back for our Eze Breeze window deck in KY. Our windows have arrived, and the customer has opted for an underdeck system from Underdeck Oasis. Will have some progress photos soon.