We do everything within our means to treat each homeowner and their homes with the utmost respect. We build as if we are going to be living there and want it done correctly. With that being said, our building is sometimes slow and methodical, but not lacking in the end result. Therefore, our schedule fills up quickly for both estimate appointments and actual building. We are currently contracted out into July of this year, and are now scheduling estimate appointments for projects to be on our Fall schedule. If you like what you see of our work, if what you like what you hear about us, and if you're serious about investing in your home - whether it be a small or large project, then give us a call to get your outdoor area in the planning stages for Fall 2017.
Unfortunately, we have been at the mercy of the Underdeck installation crew and the electrician's schedule on this project. Sometimes that happens....when you're good, when homeowner's trust you, you stay busy. So, with that being said both of these contractors did great jobs, as you see in these completed project photos.
Room & Floor Details:
- We Installed the Eze Breeze window systems, that are customized to our or your specifications, with a 34" door with 4-track windows built into the door.
- Existing ceiling to remain
- We installed 3/4" T&G plywood screwed to existing joists
- 1/4" hardboard screwed to plywood
- all seams tape and mud
- Porcelain tile with wood grain finish
- grouted all joints
- R-25 insulation installed between floor joists
- 3/8" beadboard plywood for decorative look with 1/2" trim to cover seams
- Underdeck Oasis deck drainage system installed by Underdeck Oasis in the Clay aluminum color.
To refresh your memory, this is the Timbertech Tigerwood Deck we installed before we completed the Eze Breeze room, or had the underdeck drainage system installed.
- 38'10" x 17'8" uncovered main deck, landing and steps to grade
- 700 square feet of total space
- Timbertech Legacy Collection in Tigerwood
- American Aluminum Railing in the black color.
- Most existing framing members remained, and we installed new framing members where it was needed to support the composite deck load.
Please give us a call for an estimate for your new deck, and Eze Breeze room
We got this roof and deck update completed recently. Would like to give a big shout out to Albert and Tony with Arlinghaus Builders for their help with the break metal for the gable and soffit of this project. The other subcontractor did a great job on the roof, but never recovered enough from Thanksgiving dinner to show back up to finish...:)
- 18'-0" x 12'-0" with 1' overhang on 3 sides
- 5:12 slope outside and 3:12 slope interior cathedral ceiling
- (2) Double LVL beams bolted to notched 6x6 posts
- Engineered scissor trusses for single span for cathedral ceiling
- Valley installed at new roof to existing roof
- 5/8 sheathing, Synthetic underlayment, 25 yr asphalt shingle (to match house)
- Seamless gutters with downspout
- 6x6 roof support post wrapped with recess panel
- Primed and painted, to match house, cedar 1x trim
- 1x4 pine T&G bead board finished ceiling
- polyurethane coated
- Exterior gable to be finished with matching house siding
- All soffits finished with ventilated vinyl to match existing and aluminum brake metal
- Inside Gable to be trimmed with 1x primed and painted cedar
- All wiring supplied and ran to all cans and ceiling fan
- (4) can lights with exterior lense
- Ceiling fan box installed in middle of cathedral ceiling
- ceiling fan provided by homeowners
- Master Electrician to pull permit in state of KY which is licensed in KY
For the most part this deck was still in good shape. So, all we did was change out some framing members to beef up the framing in order to support the roof load. Changed out some railing as well. If you would like some shade for the summer months, give us a call for an estimate.
Finished this pond dock this morning, and all the rain headed this way next week should fill up this pond. Customer will supply and attach his own large, nautical manilla rope railing. This was a fun and muddy project! Keep checking back for upcoming decks, and 2 more docks.
-5'-0" x 12'-0" Dock walkway attached to 12'-0" x 12'-0" Dock
- Dock level: approx. 8' highest elevation
- Total square footage of dock and walkway = 204 square feet of space
- Southern Yellow Pine #1 Pressure Treated Lumber
- New piers 40" min depth
- 18" min diameter
- 8" min thickness of concrete footer with 6x6 post on top with concrete around post
- Double 2x10 beams thru bolted to notched 6x6 posts
- 2x10 joists @ 16" o.c.
Hope to have this small pond dock finished up today. Keep checking back for the completed photos. We've got 2 more docks scheduled for this month if the weather and lake water permits.
Thomas Decks, LLC of Cincinnati, OH
Awarded Best Of Houzz 2017
Over 40 Million Monthly Unique Users Nominated Best Home Building,
Remodeling and Design Professionals in North America and Around the World
Cincinnati, OH, January 18 2017 – Thomas Decks, LLC has won “Best Of Design" on Houzz®, the leading platform for home remodeling and design. Thomas Decks, LLC was chosen by the more than 40 million monthly unique users that comprise the Houzz community from among more than one million active home building, remodeling and design industry professionals.
The Best Of Houzz is awarded annually in three categories: Design, Customer Service and Photography. Design award winners’ work was the most popular among the more than 40 million monthly users on Houzz. Customer Service honors are based on several factors, including the number and quality of client reviews a professional received in 2016. Architecture and interior design photographers whose images were most popular are recognized with the Photography award. A “Best Of Houzz 2017” badge will appear on winners’ profiles, as a sign of their commitment to excellence. These badges help homeowners identify popular and top-rated home professionals in every metro area on Houzz.