A: Normally, a deck refurbish or restoration will save the homeowner money, but you have to make sure the foundation is sound. Re-decking isn't a smart move if your structure is already 20 years
old, and won't last another 6 or 7 years. But you ask, how do you know if it's structurally sound?
1. You have inspected on the surface and underneath, it's rot/decay free.
2. None of the joists are sagging.
3. Your support posts aren't splitting or rotting, your footers are still intact.
4. Under 15 years old, it's probably still in good condition.
5. Over 15 years old, then you need to do a very thorough inspection.
That's where Thomas Decks can help you. We can come out and help you determine which path you need to take regarding your deck for safety, refurbishing and updating.