Thomas Decks, LLC is a small mom & pop, but successful deck building company that services the Cincinnati, and surrounding areas. Deck building isn't seasonal any longer, and we have a job opening for someone that would like to come and be a part of our team, in a permanent full-time position. Wages are competitive and open to discussion. Weekday work, and some weekends will be required.
1. Staging lumber & tools at jobsite
2. Mixing & pouring concrete
3. Cutting & measuring wood properly
4. Framing up
5. Assist in building main part of the decks
6. Assist in railing installation
7. Help with ground cover
8. Help in keeping jobsite clean
9. Help pack up tools
All work is 95% outdoors. You may be asked to pick up materials (your fuel would be compensated if you drive your vehicle)sometimes we will buy your lunch, sometimes the homeowner will buy or make your lunch, sometimes the homeowners like to chat, so please watch your language and be kind.
1. Honesty & dependability
2. Basic math and measuring skills
3. Take direction & instructions well
4. Reliable transportation
5. A sense of pride in your work & yourself.
6. Respect for the homeowner's property. An absolute must!
7. Minimum tool purchase required - A good claw hammer, tool belt, tape measure, square, and pencils.
What We will Do:
- Respect you
- If you're teachable, we will train you to learn a skill that you can use the rest of your life, and that's job security.
- Pay you every Monday, not by the job.
What We WON"T Do:
- Babysit you. If you whine or cry at a finger cut or other non life threatening injuries, this is not for you.
- Tolerate being late or not showing up.
- Tolerate any drugs or alcohol on the job-site, or showing up in an altered state of mind.
- Tolerate any domestic partners showing up at a job-site.
- Tolerate cell phone calls, texting or game playing unless you're on your break.
- Tolerate other crew members being a taxi service for you.
- Showing up without your required tools.
If you think you may be interested, or know someone who may be right for this job, please contact Tara @ 513.729.6138. If no answer, then leave a message if you're serious. Will not return calls with no voicemail.
Unlike your big box store post caps, these are handcrafted in the foothills of Tennessee. Beautiful, and quality craftsmanship with each post cap. Western Red Cedar, Redwood, and Pressure Treated Pine are the 3 wood options you can choose from, and they fit perfect. We've bought and installed many of these post caps over the years, and our customers love them. They have become a standard item on our projects:
Check out Sunlimited Design products, and appreciate the workmanship that goes into the products they offer.
Finally got back to get some completion photos of this deck. Monsoon daily rain showers, snow, tornadoes and a variance all happened within the scheduled time frame of this deck. We, and the homeowners are happy it's completed. Just like Ipe', the homeowners can oil this deck yearly to try and maintain this beautiful, rich color, or they can let it naturally age to a silvery patina. Either way they opt, it will be beautiful, and will be there for years. Not as dense as Ipe' but still a very dense wood that is water, bug, and rot resistant. Other deck details below:
My apologies for the poor quality photos.....will post better after completion. Also an apology for labeling this deck an Ipe' deck instead of Tigerwood. We install more Ipe' than any other exotic hardwood, so I am used to blogging about Ipe'. Anyway, we are nearing completion on this project. Just a few items left to finish...bring more dirt in, the homeowners have decided to make the set of steps larger on the side, and just general clean up. Keep checking back for our completion photos.
After a few days of feeling like we were dying from some flu voodoo stuff, we got back on track with this Ipe' deck. It's now starting to take some shape. I have to applaud these homeowners on this project. Not only have they dealt with our schedule, but they had to endure a variance. For those in the contractor's world, you know how aggravating and time consuming these can be. A corner of their home is built into the rear setback, and we were biting our nails for a bit. But, as you can see, the deck is being built, and the homeowners are very happy. No matter how tough your backyard is, Thomas Decks will find a way to build your deck :)
Completed this 10' x 8' deck for this customer. Deck details are below:
Recently completed this pressure treated lumber deck. Deck details are below:
Between tornadoes, snow and rain, I was beginning to wonder when we would get back to finish this roof, but we finally did, and it's completed. Turned out nice, and could really spend my days out there on this dock. Especially with my coffee cup, and maybe a fishing pole. Dock details are below:
- Building Supply Guy
- A Carpenter's Journal
- Fischer Homes
- McCabe Lumber
- Advantage Lumber
- Decks Direct
- DekTek Tile
- Aurora Deck Lighting
- Eads Fence Co.
- Hoover Fence Co.
- Eze-Breeze Windows
- Pro Deck Builder Mag
- Pro Construction Guide
- Be The Pro
- American Aluminum Rail
- American One Fence
- Trex Deck Gates
- On Deck Services